4 reasons why loose tea is better for you
Why on earth would you take the time to prepare a cup of loose te
It is cool and refreshing…and loaded with sugars. Time to make iced tea healthy again!
I love iced tea. Sometimes I crave it so bad, I walk to the nearest supermarket in my pajamas to get my iced tea fix. Yet, when I arrive at the supermarket and am I staring at the countless iced tea options on the shelf, I slowly feel my craving turn into anger, as I am reminded that ‘healthy’ iced tea just doesn’t exist. Sure, there are a few hipster artisanal brands around that do a decent job, but all of them, at the end of the day, are filled with sugar. Come on’, it doesn’t need to be that way!
That’s when I decided to take matters into my own hands.
If you are like me, a big fan of iced tea, and always on-the-go, you most likely noticed that the options for sugar-free, pure iced teas are extremely hard to find when you are out and about.
So why not make it yourself, and satisfy your iced tea craving on-the-go!
It’s so much easier than you think…
• 3 teaspoons of (FRANK) black or green tea leaves
• 1 cup of water
• FRANK on-the-go bottle
• lemons, sliced
• fresh ginger, sliced
• a handful of ice cubes
How to make it:
1. Open the lower lid of the FRANK Bottle, and heap the tea leaves into the mesh filter
2. You can add the lemon and ginger slices into the filter, or add them to the water later on
3. Close the bottom lid and open the top lid
4. Pour cold or lukewarm water inside the top lid, and add some ice cubes if desired
5. Take the bottle with you to work and simply get on with your day! Your iced tea will be ready in around 20 minutes, depending on your desired strength of the tea
Note: You can leave the tea leaves inside the filter all day, and simply re-fill the water
Can’t stand the thought of waiting 20 minutes for your tea leaves to do their magic? – For a faster option, just add hot water to the bottle instead, let the tea leaves steep for 1-2 min per normal, remove the leaves, and add some ice cubes for quick cooling. Voila!
For those with a sweet tooth, we let you add a bit of honey, agave syrup or maple syrup, but trust me when I say that FRANK Iced tea is delicious on its own…
I bet you this is the purest Iced-tea you will ever taste. Bye bye supermarket shelf; DIY & get loose, the FRANK way baby.